Featured Post

ISOLATION

Matthew Davis                                  Stateville Correctional Center                                   Crest Hill, IL In the mir...

Monday, August 17, 2015

Falling into Darkness

I wrote this poem a while back to describe prison ...or being in prison. right after dude jumped off the gallery in December of 2013... It's kinda dark but hey, this is a dark place.....

The void is calling ever stronger
When the voices in my head make sense
It takes all my strength to hold on longer
I teeter then topple over the fence
It just cant get much harder
Cant last that much longer
And the void is calling ever stronger

Now the darkness engulfs me completely
Things lose meaning, touch lost feeling
A new tragedy installed weekly
Things I've seen leave me reeling
And the pitch black touches me softly
Please let it end, I ask meekly
And the darkness engulfs me completely

Then I wake in a nightmare
Days begin to blend into each other
Of the world outside I'm unaware
As weeks and years embrace like lovers
Life for life, they say it's fair.
Life for life, I'll pay the fare
And I sleep to end this nightmare.


Matt


1 comment: